Friday, April 24, 2015

Final Mock Draft

With six days until the NFL Draft in Chicago, it is time I put together my final three round mock for the Baltimore Ravens.

1st Round- Melvin Gordon RB Wisconsin

The more I think about this pick, the more I think it is going to be Gordon. The Ravens are known for always picking a quality prospect that makes an unexpected draft day fall. While Gordon may not be considered a falling prospect, we have seen RBs become less and less valuable when it comes to the draft. While Gordon doesn't fit an immediate need, the productive runner makes good long-term since and is definitely a value pick.


2nd Round- Devin Smith WR Ohio State


This years draft is absolutely stacked with wide receivers. With that, one potential first rounder is bound to tumble during the draft. In this scenario I am guessing that it will be Smith simply because the media hype other guys are getting at this point. This pick would be great for the Ravens, in fact, many people have predicted this being their first round pick throughout the draft process.

3rd Round- P.J. Williams CB Florida State


Yet another value pick here for the Ravens. However, this one fills an immediate need. This guy was once touted as a first round prospect due to his athleticism and relatively weak CB class. However, after some off field problems, his stock has slipped.

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed your blog this semester! Even though I am really not a Baltimore sports fan, I enjoy hearing your insights about a team that many of my teams will play this year :-).

    ReplyDelete