Friday, March 27, 2015

10 Days Till Opening Day

With just 10 days remaining before the star of the 2015 MLB season, it is a good time to look back at my earlier post and see where my predictions stand.

First, let's take a look at the two additions to the roster since my last post.
Travis Snider RF
Everth Cabrera SS/2B/OF

In that post I also predicted 5 locks for the everyday line-up.
   
Adam Jones CF
J.J. Hardy SS
Manny Machado 3B
Matt Wieters C
Chris Davis 1B (after one-game suspension)

The only change here is that Matt Wieters' elbow is taking longer than expected to heal and he will not be ready for opening day. With that in mind, Caleb Joseph will be the fill in until he is healthy.

In that same post I predicted the remaining 4 spots in the line up. My predictions were as follows:
LF:Alejandro De Aza, Nolan Reimold, David Lough
RF:Steve Pearce, David Lough
2B: Jonathan Schoop,  Ryan Flaherty, Everth Cabrera 
DH: Delmon Young, Steve Pearce

For the most part, my predictions look to be coming true. The one difference comes with the addition of RF Travis Snider. Snider will likely be the primary right fielder. With Snider taking the right field spot, last year's hero Steve Pearce will likely be the primary DH. The only other note with these predictions is that it looks like Jonathan Schoop is going to be given every opportunity to be the everyday second baseman for the foreseeable future. 

Below are my two predicted line ups. The first is from my original post and my second is updated. 
1)Alejandro De Aza LF
2)Manny Machado 3B
3)Adam Jones CF
4)Chris Davis 1B
5)Matt Wieters C
6)JJ Hardy SS
7)Steve Pearce RF
8)Delmon Young DH
9)Jonathan Schoop 2B


1)Alejandro De Aza LF
2)Manny Machado 3B
3)Adam Jones CF
4)Chris Davis 1B
5)JJ Hardy SS
6)Steve Pearce DH
7)Travis Snider RF
8)Jonathan Schoop 2B
9)Caleb Joseph C



1 comment:

  1. Thats impressive that your predictions were so close. I do not keep track of baseball a lot but it would be interesting to learn about baltimore's new drafted/ picked up players, and the predictions of how they will play in the 2015 season.

    ReplyDelete